Mr Martin Goddard is himself an ex-professional skier and so understands how damaging a knee injury can be to a career.
This event will provide an evaluation of all aspects of knee injuries commonly sustained through sport, focusing on ACL injuries. Mr Goddard will commence with who is likely to sustain such an injury and why these types of injuries occur including the mechanisms of injury, the patho-physiology of the injury itself and its associated trauma.
Mr Goddard will also discuss the diagnosis, investigation and early management of a range of sporting injuries commonly picked up among athletes of different levels.
We will also cover patello-femoral overload, patello-femoral instability, meniscal injuries and cruciate ligament injuries.
He will then move onto the treatment options available and Mr Goddard will discuss his experience in effective rehab techniques for these injuries and return to sport thereafter.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon | London Central
Mr Martin Goddard specialises in sports related knee ligament injuries.
He has surgical expertise in all aspects of knee surgery including reconstructive surgery for ligament and meniscal injuries, as well as partial and total knee replacement surgery for arthritis. Mr Goddard is an expert skier and has a special interest in skiing injuries and returning patients to sport after injury.
Recent and current appointments
• Consultant Knee Surgeon, St George’s University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
• Multiple publications in internationally peer-reviewed journals
• ISAKOS Scientific Research Award 2013
• Regular faculty member on orthopaedic training courses
• Reviewer of the Bone and Joint Journal and The Knee
• Tutor for St George’s University of London Medical School
• British Association for Surgery of the Knee
• Royal College of Surgeons of England
• International Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
• South East Knee Study Group
Secretary: Hayley Thomas
Phone: 07503 376637
|Admission to course, 2 hours CPD, speakers' handouts, light refreshments, Certificate of Attendance|
Chiropractors,Osteopaths,Physiotherapists,Podiatrists,Sports Therapists,Radiographers,Occupational Therapists,GP
Monday 30th September
19:00 - 21:00
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Spring St, Ewell
£ 39 + VAT
Add to basket
If you’re interested in keeping up with what we’re doing, just leave your email address here and we’ll send you periodic newsletters and other updates.