Webinar: Toxic World - Chronic Diseases, Epigenetics & The Gut

Webinar: Toxic World - Chronic Diseases, Epigenetics & The Gut

Date and time

Monday 6th July

19:00 - 21:00

Speaker

Susan Ese Stacey

Consultant In Sport & Exercise Medicine

Location

Webinar

Price

£39 + VAT

Buy now

Add to basket

Webinar: Toxic World - Chronic Diseases, Epigenetics & The Gut

This event is available to purchase on-demand and was first delivered on Monday 6 July.

Can toxins help to explain soft tissue pain and diseases?


A report by Public Health England (PHE) in 2015 revealed that the average UK lifespan is increasing. However, we are not necessarily living healthier lives. Whilst PHE explain that 40% of neck and back pains can be explained by risk factors that are modifiable such as diet, smoking, obesity, high blood pressure and cholesterol, they do not have an explanation for the other 60% of the risk. Therefore, we do not have the complete picture.


In this talk, Dr Ese Stacey, Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine, will be discussing the potential links between chronic musculoskeletal problems, ill health and environmental toxins such as air pollution, chemicals from packaging, beauty products and mould from buildings and food. She will be exploring research studies that suggest a possible connection and discussing prevention methods, such as avoiding drinking from plastic bottles or eating food with pesticides.


Dr Stacey will be exploring how inflammation and toxins are the most common dangers to DNA. As well as causing direct damage to DNA, toxins can also directly damage the gut lining cells. The talk will examine how both toxins and poor gut health through gut dysbiosis play a role in operating our epigenetic ‘switch’ that can turn ‘on’ and ‘off’ disease processes. Gut health can be a mechanism to rehabilitate these conditions, through detoxing and eating fermented foods for example. Therefore, we will be examining the ways you can help your patients get back on their feet using holistic treatment options such as these.


Schedule:

  • What toxins can affect us?
  • An evidenced-based review of research studies which suggest links between chronic musculoskeletal problems, ill health and environmental toxins
  • The effect of inflammation on the gut and DNA
  • Links between the gut and chronic diseases
  • Lifestyle changes to avoid toxins and their effects 


Learning Outcomes:

  • Understand how toxins can have a detrimental effect on our bodies
  • Refine your knowledge on gut health and functions
  • Links between the gut, musculoskeletal problems and chronic illnesses through a research-based analysis
  • Learn about the ways you can help your patients make lifestyle changes to avoid toxins, MSK problems and ill health

Susan Ese Stacey

Consultant In Sport & Exercise Medicine | Sussex

Dr Ese Stacey is a Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine. She treats all musculoskeletal conditions ranging from sporting injuries to arthritis. Dr Stacey qualified from St Mary's Hospital Medical School (now part of Imperial College), London in 1990. She has been clinical senior lecturer in Sports Medicine at the Academic Department of Sports medicine at the Royal London Hospital, worked as team doctor for England Women's rugby (as well as playing for Wasps and England emerging), worked as Medical Director for IMG's mass participation sports section as well as being Medical delegate for the International Triathlon Union (ITU) working on the triathlon World series.


Contact details:

http://www.brightonsportsmedicine.co.uk/

ese@brightonsportsmedicine.co.uk

Secretary: 07706799219

Live 2-hour group learning webinar, speaker's slides (if permitted), CPD certificate, recording of the course.

Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Sports Therapists, Hand Therapists, Radiographers, Occupational Therapists, GP

Webinar: Toxic World - Chronic Diseases, Epigenetics & The Gut

Buy now

Add to basket

Date and time

Monday 6th July

19:00 - 21:00

Price

£39 + VAT

Speaker

Susan Ese Stacey

Consultant In Sport & Exercise Medicine

Location

Webinar

Stay up to date

If you’re interested in keeping up with what we’re doing, just leave your email address here and we’ll send you periodic newsletters and other updates.

What colour is the sea?