What are we, across all three Oryon brands, doing about coronavirus?
All 3 of our brands are still operating. Our imaging centre on Wimpole Street is running with reduced opening hours, our healthcare courses are now running online, and our practitioner introductions are now happening over telephone or video conference.
Please note: our cancellation policy still applies across all three brands. Please speak to us if you have any concerns and we’ll see what we can do to help.
We take protective measures and review the situation on the weekly basis to make sure we eliminate or reduce possible risks; we make sure we keep our stakeholders including our customers and team members informed on the preventative steps we take and provide guidance whenever appropriate.
We advise all customers to be extra cautious and follow protective measures as advised by WHO.
Our clinic has been open throughout lockdown.
The safety of our patients and team is our highest priority. We’re well placed to keep contact to a minimum, with our unique online community allowing patients and referrers to book appointments online, see their results online and even send reports and share referrals online.
In our centre, we have taken a number of steps to ensure the safety of patients and team:
- We screen patients during the booking process to ask whether they have respiratory symptoms that are strongly associated with covid-19, whether they’ve come into contact with someone who has a confirmed case, or if they have a changed sense of taste and/or smell. Those who are considered a risk are not allowed access to the centre.
- We no longer perform chest X-ray scans.
- We no longer accept cash payments.
- Our centre is clear of all non-essential items including sofas, coffee tables, coffee machine, water cooler. Doors are kept open wherever possible using door stoppers. This is to reduce all possible touchpoints and allow social distancing at all times.
- Scanner beds, chairs and the changing rooms are disinfected after each patient has left that area – this includes reception areas.
- Check-in iPads are disinfected after every use.
- PPE stock is thoroughly managed to ensure continuous supply.
- All team members wear masks and gloves.
- All patients are provided with masks and gloves.
- Additional PPE including single-use aprons and facial eye protection is introduced for our Radiographers
- Usage of hand sanitiser is strongly encouraged.
- All common areas and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly; these include but are not limited to working desks, door handles, switches, changing rooms, private areas i.e. kitchen.
- Patients coming for a scan are not allowed to bring anyone with them unless they need assistance.
- Anyone coming to the centre, including team members and patients, are advised to avoid public transport where possible. Patients are advised to take a taxi or drive to the clinic while (payable) parking is available on Wimpole street and surrounding area.
- Everyone at the centre must wash their hands for 20 seconds regularly.
- Oryon team members working are all well and are not allowed to come to the centre location should they develop any type of flu-like symptoms
- Communication about our safety measures and preventative steps is communicated consistently across all channels, including but not limited to phone, email, website, social media, online community and at our location at Lister House. This is to ensure patients, referrers, team members and any other relevant stakeholders understand and can support us with implementing these rules.
Procedure for every individual entering the clinic:
These instructions are clear and consistent throughout our communications. We enforce these instructions at our centre.
- Wash your hands BEFORE entering the clinic
- Put on the GLOVES and MASK we give you
- Do not bring anyone with you unless you need assistance
- Keep a 2 metre distance from the reception desk and everyone else where possible
- Perform check-in when the Receptionist is ready to do so
- Use hand sanitiser and wash your hands regularly
- Dispose of the PPE in the bin provided on the Ground floor reception area as you leave the building
See our live prices, book an appointment or call our team on 020 7042 1888 to find out more.
We take the situation seriously and assess the situation daily.
As a result, we have now moved all our courses to a professional webinar format.
Take a look at the brilliant events we have coming up soon.
We are offering remote telephone and video consultations as part of our service, as well as some face-to-face appointments. Call us to see how we can help.
We ask all our patients to stay at home if they have been advised to self-isolate, if they have been in contact with someone with the virus, or if they have a new sustained cough or high temperature.